The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference is currently accepting applications for its 2014-2015 academic scholarships. Eligible students attending Cedarville University, Vanguard University, Wesley Seminary at Indiana Wesleyan University and William Jessup University are welcome to apply. The scholarship application opens March 31st and closes on May 2, 2014.
In an effort to turn the tide on the Hispanic student drop-out rate and be a catalyst for Higher Education in the Hispanic community, the NHCLC awards scholarships to students attending partner universities who have excelled academically and who are committed to advancing their education. Offered under its Education Directive, the scholarship program serves to aid dedicated Latino students in America and around the world further their education.
Dr. Gus Reyes, Director of the Christian Life Commission for the Baptist General Convention of Texas and Director of the NHCLC Education Directive, said, “I am thankful to participating universities for collaborating to encourage Hispanic students to Finish-the-Race toward educational attainment. Each year, our scholarship recipients represent emerging leaders for the Hispanic faith community who will make lasting contributions.”
The National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (www.nhclc.org), also known as the Hispanic Evangelical Association, the nation’s largest Christian Hispanic organization, presents the scholarship program alongside partnering Christian universities and colleges who are committed to helping Hispanic students realize their dream by finishing their academic pursuits with an undergraduate or advanced degree.
Students must meet the NHCLC Eligibility Criteria and the eligibility criteria requested by each school to apply for a scholarship:
NHCLC Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be of Hispanic descent
- Must be a student enrolled or planning to enroll at one of the following universities: Cedarville University, VanguardUniversity, Wesley Seminary at IndianaWesleyanUniversity, WilliamJessupUniversity
- Must be in a degree-seeking program
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be a student in good standing with the University
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and a desire to fulfill a leadership role in chosen field of study
- Must be a member of the NHCLC and/or a member of a NHCLC member church. Please note students do not need to be members to apply, but will be required to become members before they can be awarded a scholarship. Students are given a special discounted membership rate.
Additional school-specific eligibility criteria can be found in the application.
CLICK HERE FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION: http://nhclc.org/scholarship-application/.
Students must submit their completed online application by Midnight, May 2, 2014. Recipients will be notified in June 2014.
ABOUT THE NHCLC
The NHCLC is the largest Hispanic Christian organization representing millions of Evangelicals and more than 40,118 U.S. Churches. Seeking to reconcile evangelist Billy Graham’s message of salvation with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s march of prophetic activism, the NHCLC emphasizes “7 Directives” of Life, Family, Compassionate Evangelism, Stewardship, Justice, Education and Youth. For additional information, visit www.nhclc.org
CONTACT: More Information on the NHCLC Academic Scholarships or 2014 Hispanic Alliance Education Summit,firstname.lastname@example.org